“We are so not fancy when it comes to brunch! Our typical menu is scrambled eggs, thick cut bacon or pan sausage from Mill-King, banana peanut butter pancakes and coffee of course.”—Chad Palmatier
- 6 eggs brought to room temp
- 2 Tablespoons of dill coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Sharp pecorino cheese
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on medium low heat. Meanwhile crack the eggs into a bowl, season with salt and whisk until combined. If you prefer some texture and separation then keep them whole.
- Once the pan is warm, reduce heat to low and add the butter, swirling to coat the bottom. Add the eggs and immediately top with grated cheese and dill.
- Break the yolks if you haven’t already, and cook the eggs scraping the pan bottom and stirring continuously with a rubber spatula for about 1-2 minutes until set. The eggs will continue to cook, so promptly turn off the heat. Garnish with more dill and serve.
- Pro tip: Bringing eggs to room temperature before cooking will prevent sticking and yield the most consistent texture.
Photos by Carli Rene
Recipe by Anthony Sobotik and Chad Palmatier
Partners in work and life, Anthony and Chad are the co-founders of Lick Honest Ice Creams. Their exceptional ice cream is a product of Lick’s commitment to sourcing fresh ingredients from Texas farms and simply letting their premium quality shine.